This week’s topic: 10 Ways to Lighten Your Mood
1. Go shopping. Buying myself something that is just for ME will usually cheer me up. Of course, sometimes one can go overboard and spend too much money and that causes other issues… but for that moment, it’s a great pick-me-up.
2. Go for a walk. Its amazing how just getting outside and walking can make you feel better. It’s pretty easy to distract yourself with nature.
3. Listen to music. Depending on how I’m feeling, it can be anything from angry, loud rock to cheerful, happy, bouncy music, but either way, music is usually something that puts me back on track.
4. Find a fuzzy buddy. Pets are good for snuggling and making you happier. This of course is entirely dependant on their willingness to sit there and behave.. but really, who can be sad or angry with an adorable purring kitty on your lap?
5. Call your bestest or a good friend. We all need to vent sometimes, and letting it out is a relief.
6. Take a nap. Sometimes all I need to get out of a funk is a nap. I wake up feeling refreshed and ready to start over.
7. Knit or spin. I will often take a break when I’m at work and sit outside for a few minutes with my knitting or a spindle. It usually helps to destress and keep me from running away. Of course, if all you have with you is a lace shawl project that you keep screwing up, this isn’t really that helpful.
8. Booze. Not a lot, mind you. Just a glass or two of something to help you relax and take the edge off. I’m partial to a glass of wine or some Captain and gingerale.
9.Get together with your grrrls. Hanging out with friends is awesome, especially if you’re ornery. They’re the best people to get you out of your mood. And if they cant….
10. Have some alone time. Go home or out, do whatever YOU want to do that helps you relax and get your mind off of things.