This week’s topic: 10 things to love about fall.
I’ve never really been a fall person.. I’ve always loved the heat and long days of Summer, and the flowers and warmer weather of Spring. Winter and Fall, with the shorter days and cold weather has never appealed to me before.
Lately, Fall is slowly starting to outshine spring and summer for me. The more I think about it, the more I realize just how much I do like fall.
1. I love the changing of the leaves. Fall colors of red, orange, and gold are just so pretty.
2. Thanksgiving. It’s a holiday centered around food. ’nuff said.
3. Halloween. A day where you get to dress up and get free candy? Who doesn’t like that?
4. Pumpkins! Not only is it fun to carve them for Halloween, but they are also quite delicious.
5. Apples! Again, they’re a yummy food, and since I’m allergic and can’t eat them raw, Fall is the time of year when I get to enjoy them in baked and cidered forms. Apple pie any other season just doesn’t taste right.
6. When it starts getting chilly, it’s the perfect time to bring out the box of hand knits and enjoy those cosy sweaters again.
7. This is also a great season to start working on more cosy sweaters and things. I don’t know about you, but knitting a sweater out of wool in the summer heat is not my cup of tea.
8. Speaking of tea, I love that I can switch back to drinking hot teas again now the weather has cooled down.
9. Fall activities like apple picking, corn mazes, and haunted houses.
10. Festivals! Rhinebeck, Fiber Twist, Stitches, the Big E… So many awesome events to attend and things to buy!