2011 has come and gone.. so quickly! I can’t say it was a bad year.. but then again it wasn’t special either. It was just a run of the mill, average kind of year.. and I’m ok with that. I did do a lot of fun things, add to my stash, knit a bunch of stuff, and spent a lot of time with good friends.
Knitting-wise, I did complete quite a few projects… 9 hats, 1 pair of mittens, 1 pair of armwarmers, 2 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of baby socks, 3 shawls, 1 baby bib, 1 baby sweater, 1 adult sweater, 1 bracelet, 1 cowl, and 2 little felted rings. I also crocheted 1 dish scrubbie, and wove 2 scarves on my cricket loom.
28 completed projects? I still can’t believe it. Many were gifts.. or future gifts.. and I can only hope that the recipients love them as much as I loved knitting them.
Some of my favorites:
For 2012, I have a few goals to set for myself (on the knitting front anyways)
– Finish Nico’s Brigade sweater.
– Finish the sweater and blanker for baby Dario.
– Finish my Spectra scarf.
– Weave more on my loom.
– Spin more from my stash.
– Knit more from my stash.
– Work on Hexipuffs. Goal is at least 15 a month.. 30 would be preferable.
– Knit myself a sweater. (or two)
– Knit myself another pair of socks. And maybe a pair for Nico as well.
– TRY not to purchase yarn and fiber… I’m not going to actually say I can’t buy any.. but I am going to try and limit myself. I have so much in my yarn and fiber stashes to use up.. and using it up will clear the way for more new yarn in the future.. right?
No resolutions this year.. just some goals to keep myself on track. Here’s to hoping for an awesome year!