I finished my first bag for Purse Palooza yesterday!
The pattern was well written and easy to follow. I definitely want to make another one in different fabric. For this one, I used some random home decor fabric I found in the remnants bin at JoAnn Fabrics for the exterior, and a blue flower print I found in my stash for the interior. The only mods I did were to lengthen the strap by a few inches, and to add a zippered pocket on the interior. I also did the other pocket with a random scrap, so it’s not the same measurements as in the pattern.
Things I would do differently for the next one:
– Add interfacing to the strap. It feels a little flimsy for my taste.. I prefer it to feel sturdier.
– Maybe add interfacing to the exterior fabric. I’m not sure if this would make the bag too stiff…
– Interface the zipper pocket (if I do another zipper pocket). I actually meant to do this, and just plain forgot.
– Maybe a zippered closure for the top instead of the magnetic one. Or add heavier or more interfacing to the top band.. I feel like it’s a little floppy.
I definitely like this bag. It’s going to be my new summer bag, and I’ve already moved over the stuff from my other purse and toted it around today.